This site will work properly only when the Javascript will be enabled!
(Ñàéò îòîáðàæàåòñÿ êîððåêòî òîëüêî ñ âêëþ÷åííûì Javascript!)

---

Advertisement

> Encode H.264 to iMovie(iMovie 08, iMovie 09, iMovie 11)

Author

lydia622520
Users

User ¹15742
Added: 26.09.2014 - 09:25     Post title: Encode H.264 to iMovie(iMovie 08, iMovie 09, iMovie 11)

Summary: Can't import H.264 to iMovie for editing? Being puzzled? Here you'll find the answer and learn how to import H.264 video to iMovie(iMovie 11, iMovie 09, iMovie 08) with ease.

I was trying to bring a .mov file to iMovie 11, but the filename is greyed out in the finder window so I can't select it. According to the QuickTime inspector, the video was encoded in H.264. The problem I’m facing now is how can I import H.264 to iMovie for further editing without any hassle.

Will iMovie(iMovie 11) play H.264 codec? As far as I know H.264 is supposed to be a supported codec in iMovie. However, if aspect ratio and frame rate can’t fit iMovie editing, it will still reject your H.264 files. What’ more, H.264 is highly compressed. It is not designed as a format for editing. That's not where you want to start with editing for high quality results.

Luckily, you can get the H.264 format video recognized by iMovie (iMovie 11) easily. What you need is only a Mac video converter that can convert H.264 to iMovie most compatible Apple InterMediate Codec. It can ensure the best results when editing H.264 files in iMovie on your Mac.

After trying several video apps, I’d like to recommend Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. It can help you encode H.264 videos to iMovie even if you're a Mac newbie. It offers optimized preset Apple InterMediate Codec .mov that brings you more compatibility. Besides, Apple ProRes, DNxHD, etc profiles are all provided to help you transcode H.264 to FCP, Avid Media Composer with the best quality. Just download it below and follow the step-by-step guide to finish the H.264 to iMovie conversion with ease and start your home movie making.

How to convert H.264 files to iMovie on Mac

1. Install the H.264 to iMovie Converter program on Mac and run it. Drag the H.264 files to the software. Or you can also click "Add" button to import video to the program. It supports batch conversion and joining multiple video clips into one file.

2. You can directly choose the preset iMovie/FCE --> Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) as the output format.

Tips: Adjust the video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video&Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality. 1080p/720p video size, 30fps frame rate, are the optimal settings for iMovie.

3. The last step, you can click on the Convert button to start transcoding H.264 to iMovie.

After the conversion, click "Open" to locate the result videos and then you can start fun away with editing H.264 footage in iMovie 08/09/11 without problems.

Source:Will iMovie(iMovie 11) play H.264 codec?
http://movies-videos-convert-tips.overblog.com/2014/09/edcode-h.264-to-imovie-08-imovie-09-imovie-11.html
Go to top
GiveMeFile
Users

Added: 26.09.2014 - 09:25

Go to top  
0 users are viewing this thread